Monday, January 21, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Childhood

This week on Mixed Media Monday the theme is "childhood". I recently completed an ATC swap with the theme "vintage whites", and I loved the colour scheme so much I decided to play it some more. I based this weeks piece around it, although there is a little more sepia in this piece. The background is paper towel, and stamped and distressed paper. I've added daisy lace trim, lots of buttons and a stamped word on a distressed piece of paper. The stamps used are both from Invoke. The image I used always makes me smile.

22 comments:

fatmasplace said...

it´s so lovely

kreativgeschwafel said...

this is really a wonderful atc!

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh its adorable. Really lovely.

Kelly said...

great ATC! adorable image!

Sylvia said...

This is just beautiful!

Rein said...

This is beautiful!

Zuzu's Blog said...

This is wonderful. I love the monochrome look ..

katrin said...

love THIS little sweet one!!! adorable with all the details. :-)

(don't know if i had time to play this week ...)

Ahkeraliisa said...

Beautiful picture and lovely light colours!

aino said...

Very nice.

Alexas Art Blog said...

really beautiful !!!

Silvia said...

It's really a lovely image. Your ATC looks beautiful.

paru's_circle said...

its a darling work of art!!!

cleo said...

this little clown is so cute, really lovely work

Kathy Maximo said...

very cute, I love the use of buttons

Jeri Aaron said...

This is a wonderful ATC - I adore the image.

Jodi Barone said...

Diane,
This is so lovely.
I love the vintage whites color scheme. I must try it myself. It would be a romantic twist for a Valentine's Day piece. Thanks for all you do hosting the challenge.
jodi

Barbara Hagerty said...

Great ATC! And I love that image. She looks a lot like the very cute and mischevious daughter of a friend of mine. Love the distressed whites.

Nellie said...

Perfect theme and a great example!

Ananas said...

Love that image! Great card!

She said...

Lovely ATC xxx

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Lovely childhood MMM piece