Monday, February 18, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Texture

This week on Mixed Media Monday I chose "texture" for the theme. It should be interesing to see what everyone comes up with for that. My peice was done on matboard, and I used a collage image that I printed off. Then I framed the image with Artellier Modelling Compound and stamped into that with a swirl rubber stamp. I think I should have waited a little while for the paste to set a little before stamping into it, because I can't really see the swirly pattern, but it does still have a lovely textural effect! I then distressed it with brown and gold paint. Then I simply added some gold netting, a chipboard letter and stamped letters to spell dream.

17 comments:

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Wonderful texture, very unique & creative Diane~ truly an 'Arty Antic'!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow wow wow this is brilliant. Love the background.

Audrey said...

Beautiful!

Kelly said...

beautiful! fabulous!

Gillian said...

This piece has a wonderful amount of texture, love it:)

kreativgeschwafel said...

really wonderful!

Kim H. said...

It is so beautiful! The image is perfect with the textured background!

barnie said...

Fantastic, your background looks great.

katrin said...

your texture is gorgeous - and the collage absolute amazing!!!

Susan said...

Beautiful piece.

Alisha Fredrickson said...

This is lovely! I have never played with modeling compound. May have to give that a try.

Cheryl said...

Looks great, I just want to run my hand along it and feel the texture lol

Jeri said...

This is very very nice Diane!

Barbara Hagerty said...

What a really lovely piece! Thank you for telling us what you used and how you did this. I really love the effect! It's wonderful!

claudilue said...

Wonderful texture

Flossie's Follies said...

this is fantastic, love the different textures, you have a great blog, one very talented lady.

jocelyne said...

Wonderful piece !