Monday, May 26, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Pens and Pencils

Mondays seem to come around so quickly these days. I don't seem to get anything else posted on my blog, apart from my MMM things. This week on Mixed Media Monday, we have Willy as a guest host, and she has chosen "pens and pencils" as the theme. This week I chose to do an ATC, because I'm a little pushed for creative time. The background of the ATC is done with rusted paper, the "letter" is stamped on paper and then distressed. I used a collage image and a used postage stamp, some ribbon and a pen nib tied on with string. This is a beeswax collage - I love the mellow look that the wax gives to a collage.

21 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is fabulous.
Stunning design. Love them.

Kelly said...

beautiful ATC!

Femmy said...

beautiful atc!!!

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous, love beeswax

Willy said...

Great ATC, love it!

Anneke said...

this is a very beautiful atc

vintage wil said...

beautiful card !

Rein said...

Beautiful!

Janny said...

Really beautiful!

kreativgeschwafel said...

a wonderful loveletter!

Sija said...

Gorgeous card!

Dreamer said...

This looks so effective. It has inspired me to go and look for a tutorial on beeswax

Dreamer

katrin said...

diane - this looks fab!!! love the transparency-effect. great!!!

Astrid's artistic efforts said...

Love it!

Beth said...

Your design is lovely. And thank you for creating such a fun site. I'm learning so much.

livia said...

Nice work

Maggie Ann said...

I love this its wonderful! I haven't tried to do a collage with beeswax yet...but am looking forward to it. Your collage is wonderful..I'm wondering...does the beeswax make the ladies face transparent like a transfer? I like it so much like that.

Simple Journeys said...

Very nice piece!

jellaverelst said...

nice card !

The Stamping Queen said...

Love your ATC Diane! I've yet to try out beeswax and you've inspired me to investigate further!!
~xx Barb xx~

dutchstamptramp said...

Excellent piece! Love the beeswax and the whole idea