Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mixed Media Monday - Home Sweet Home

The talented Marie is guest hosting on Mixed Media Monday this week, and she has chosen "home, sweet home" as the challenge prompt. Once again, I'm struggling for time so it's another ATC. You'll need to use your imagination a little, because my scanner hates anything that is at all 3-D, so the scan isn't the best. The background is done with a page from an old book, distressed with gesso and distress inks. The house is chipboard, covered with a piece of paper that I stamped and then distressed. I just cut a piece of chipboard for the post for the bird house to sit on. The bird is covered with some rusted paper, and I added a strip of grosgrain ribbon down the side.

16 comments:

Kreativgeschwafel said...

really a wonderful HOME!

indybev said...

This is so creatively done, Diane. I love it!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is such a wonderful little house!

Ozstuff said...

I love this!! What a creatively gorgeous birdhouse (and bird!). Fantastic.

Femmy said...

gorgeous atc!!!

vintage wil said...

wow what a lovely hous !!!
great image.

Gillian .... said...

Love the birdhouse and rusty bird Diane, fantastic:)

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

I'm impressed about your art work Diane.
This is again a lovely birdhouse.
Great backgound en I love the little bird.

RedLan said...

It's 1st of december. Let me be the first to greet you a Merry Christmas. I like your home sweet home art especially the bird! Is it made of what?

My Creative House said...

Diane you have made a lovely home for the little bird,love it.

Aino said...

Very nice home. Mine is here: http://www.einontytar.vuodatus.net

Faye said...

Beautiful, Diane. The bird looks quite at home with his house.

Barb said...

Love your little bird house.

~*~Patty S said...

Love your ATC Diane, such great elements = really lovely!
My Home Sweet Home desperately needs attention, so I too made an ATC this week as well ;)

K Hutchinson said...

It is brilliant! I love all the textures!

Beth said...

It is an adorable ATC!