Monday, September 20, 2010

Mixed Media Monday - Buttons

I chose buttons off the top of my head for this week's Mixed Media Monday challenge. I decided I felt like continuing to play with polymer clay - so the idea of my little jack in the box (or should I say jacqueline in the box) was born. Her head and arms are made from polymer clay and her facial features are painted with acrylic paints. Her little dress is fabric and lightly stuffed. Apart from the obvious buttons on her dress, I used tiny buttons to attach the arms like a lot of vintage dolls and bears and also used a flower button and tiny button for the embellishment on the box.

14 comments:

indybev said...

Your Jacqueline is charming! She looks a bit impish, so I bet she doesn't spend much time in the box! Kudos.

Unknown said...

what a fun piece Diane!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your little 'Polly Doll" is beautiful! Love her little dress too and the buttons look so nice on it.

Jenny said...

Oh Diane, your Jacqueline in the Box is darling...so very sweet...

Jenny x

My Creative House said...

Diane your Jacqueline is so sweet and beautiful, great and fun idea with the box.
Anni

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your doll in the box is really lovely.

Deann said...

Diane ~ I have always adored Jack in the boxes...in fact maybe that would be a great challenge. Anyway your doll is so cute with her big red buttons. I loved the button challenge...Thanks for the darling example.

WrightStuff said...

Boing! She's great Diane - I bet she has a real spring in her step!!

Kristin said...

This is so adorable Diane! xo

Cheryl said...

This is darling, at first glance I thought she was made with all fabric. Have you ever worked with paper clay? Oh my goodness, that stuff is tons of fun. It air drys, and its so lightweight its fabulous :-)

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Can I say "What a doll" this is just the most!
Inka :)

Yvonne said...

Fantastic creation, Diane!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.